Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Review - The Paper Magician

The Paper Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg, Fiction/Sci-Fi & Fantasy, $4.99 Kindle on Amazon.com, Published September 1, 2014

I was able to get this book before publication via an Amazon First email. And I've had this review written and sitting, waiting for me to post it. Life got in the way but now I'm back in the game again.

Ceony has just graduated magic school and is beginning her apprenticeship with Magician Emery Thane. Mg. Thane works with a magic that Ceony has no wish to work with - Folding paper. But with the lack of Folders in the world it is what she is assigned to do. Mg. Thane is most unconventional and soon wins over Ceony to his style of magic. But every story isn't without a conflict. Mg. Thane is in trouble from an ex who is an Excisioner or someone who works blood magic.

Ceony soon finds herself chasing after the ex. Lira in order to save Mg. Thane and her chances of doing magic.

I wasn't so sure about this book to begin with, but after the slow start I was drawn into the story. I had a hard time putting my Kindle down when reading. I will be buying the continuation of this story The Glass Magician to see how their story progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment